For Parents and Guardians
Why are we sending teams?
- Global Programs are designed to encourage students to see God working in other parts of the world
- Yes, this does seem like an unlikely year to send teams. However, we had staff who wanted to lead and students who wanted to go. We also had partners in other nations who wanted us to come and reassured us that we could do so safely. We are working very closely with the InterVarsity staff who are leading these trips
- See a letter from the department director, Scott Bessenecker, about his own family’s experience with a Global Program. Download it in Chinese, English, Korean, and Spanish
What are our safety precautions?
- 24/7 Emergency phone monitored by an experienced staff member who can respond to a range of needs be they pastoral, financial, health, or emergency. The phone number is (608) 443-4554
- Local partners in country provide support, guidance, and have access to resources in case of emergency
- Event insurance that allows students and staff to receive emergency care
- The risk and safety of each trip is reviewed and evaluated by a team of InterVarsity Senior Leadership
- Active plans in place to launch should an emergency or crisis arise
Who can you contact?
- The emergency phone (608) 443-4554
- Contact the GP Director via the contact information they provide
Where to go for information?