- Checks are to be made payable to InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
- Donors should send or hand their checks to you. You will send the checks in with the Donor Support Record.
- Look over the check for accuracy. Is it payable to InterVarsity and is it signed? If it is not made payable to InterVarsity, ask the donor to re-write it. InterVarsity cannot accept checks made payable to students.
- Fill out the Donor Support Record. Print legibly! We need to have complete names and complete addresses provided to be able to process the funds.
- Put your full name, address, phone number, and program location in the appropriate place.
- Put the page number at the top. Each should have its own number. Include the date.
- Record the donor’s full name, including title, spouse’s name, and middle initial if known. Give us as much information as you have without abbreviation. We will send these donors tax-deductible receipts.
- Record the donor’s full address with zip code.
- Record the check number.
- Put the checks in the order that they are listed on the donor support sheet.
- Add the amounts of the checks on each page. Record the total amount from any previously submitted pages. The total of these two figures is what you have raised so far.
- If you have checks whose physical size is larger than the rest, put it at the bottom of the list and stack of checks.
- Include only seven donors per page.
- Send the Donor Support Record with the checks to:
Donation Services - Global Programs
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
PO Box 7895
Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7895
Instead of checks, your donors may give online. Once your director has accepted you to the program, Donation Services will set up an online account for you. (Please allow a day or two for this to happen.) Then your donors can go to the donation page and type in your name in order to make a gift. Note that the 2.5% credit card fee will be charged to your account.